Service-oriented decomposition: Getting it right
This customized session will delve into the decomposition of business processes and services in a service-oriented architecture for a project of your choosing in your organization. The Decomposition Matrix is used.
- Historical context for the practice of decomposition in software engineering
- Why improper decomposition could hurt you later than sooner
- How decomposition applies to service-oriented architecture
- Review of the Decomposition Matrix
- Team development of an example service-oriented architecture (in some cases, the group will be divided in to smaller groups for this part of the session)
- Discussion and possible revision of team-developed decomposition (this might be repeated multiple times along with breaking into smaller groups again)
Prerequisite: A project in your organization that needs decomposition.
Participants: users, user management, non-technical management, technical management, and technical staff. This session is designed for groups of less than 40 people. The length varies. For more information, contact Doug Barry at or +1-612-321-8156.